Sunday, September 13, 2009

What If I Did?

Listening to: I'd Come For You by Nickelback

This short post is about what I would do if and only if I stuck to the media blackout for 48 hours.

If I did, I would play my piano for hours.

If I did, I would start playing sports again.

If I did, I would clean up my room.

If I did, I would go to the pet shop and buy myself a few fishes or tortoises or lobsters or shrimps to entertain myself.

If I did, I would learn how to cook (embarrassing, but yes, I don't know how to cook).

If I did, I would look forward to talking/texting/seeing Baby after 48 hours.

If I did, I would start gardening.

If I did, I would sleep all day because I can't look forward to anything requiring media.

If I did, I would study.

If I did, I would lie on the floor in a spread eagle position (no 18SX thoughts please) and rot the whole day away.

Credits to my friend for suggesting this topic.

I am not oblivious to the fact that I have not carried out my individual Sociology assignment properly. But I don't think I could survive without any form of media. As you can see, media is a part of not only our lives but also, us. We watch TV, listen to music on the radio, surf the web, read newspapers and use our cell phones E-VE-RY-DAY. To be honest, I have never thought about what it would be like without any form of media. That is, until Ms. Jaime gave us our assignment.

I am anything but thrilled at the fact that I have to block out all media for 48 hours.

But you and I both know that I did not give a f*cking shit (:

If any of my classmates or Ms. Jaime stumble across this, I'd be skinned alive.

No comments: