Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2 at Singapore.

Listening to: 忍者 by 周杰伦

231209, Wednesday

Our destination for the day was Orchard Road. Why? Because I wanted to see the long awaited Christmas lights of Singapore. Which is, really, a sight to see. My camera a bit cacat so what you are going to see in the pictures are not what you're gonna get. The Christmas lights, I mean.

Just a weird plant outside my grandma's house.

Grandma, Mummy and Hannah leaving the house.

We walked to Tiong Bahru Plaza for lunch at the Kopitiam Food Court. I just had to have the delicious Singapore Laksa. Mummy doesn't cook it so often nowadays. Thus, my strong craving for Singapore Laksa. I miss it now );

I gave all the see ham to Mummy.

After lunch, Hannah craved Old Chang Kee's fishballs. So we stopped by the branch in Tiong Bahru Plaza.


Yummy :D

After that I thought we were going to go back home. Mana tau Mummy said we're immediately going to Orchard Road. I was wearing a long sleeved top and jeans. And it was kinda hot so I decided to walk back home with Hannah to change into something more.. cooling?

My uncles fetched us from Tiong Bahru Plaza and we were off to Orchard Road!

We went into Wisma Atria first. Hannah wanted her kuih tutu so we stopped by the food court. I have no idea why it's called tutu. Maybe because it looks like a ballet tutu. In Malaysia it's called kuih piring but I have never seen it around before.

It tasted.. okay. I had the one with the coconut filling. I'm not a fan of peanuts so I didn't try the peanut one.

The food court at Wisma Atria.

There's an ang mo playing the keyboard and singing in a cage.

Then my uncle left because he doesn't like shopping ): Mummy, Grandma, Hannah, and I walked to Ngee Ann City (Takashimaya) and there was this gigantic Christmas tree in the middle of Taka.

Big yaaaaaaah?

After spending almost an hour in Kinokuniya (heaven), I met up with Mummy and Grandma to grab a bite at yet another food court.

I can't remember what Hannah ordered but it was kinda good. Cheesy, in fact. Some lasagna thingy.

And then we walked down to the ground floor to take a picture with the Christmas tree. Or more like the base of it.

And then we walked out to see ORchard Road's unlighted Christmas lights!

Grandma and Mummy.

Hannah and I walked along the Ngee Ann City, Wisma Atria and Ion stretch. And at the end of the stretch (Ion), we saw another huge Christmas tree.

What made it fun was that we could go into the tree!

A picture taken from the inside of the tree. My eyes hurt because it was too bright ):

Hannah and I - bauble-ized.

Me and Prada located in Ion.

Hannah and Louis Vuitton in Ion.

Partially lighted up. Still not at night.

Ferrero Rocher Christmas tree! Yum.

All lighted up but looks horrible here. Looks beautiful in reality.

Sisterly loveeeeeee (:

We left Orchard Road at almost 8 PM and took the MRT home. It was jam-packed but much better and efficient than our.. LRT. Of course.

Our dinner. Two chicken pies and MOS Burger fries. The burger is outta the pic. But it was nicey!

That is all. Didn't do much except walk around and ended up with sore feet. Came across a couple of rude people too. Bleh. Toodles!

PS: All that was missing was Zekey. I missed him so much. Everywhere I went, I thought: How nice it would be if we were walking together now. We'd be pointing at this and that and exclaiming at everything while taking pictures. Ha ha. Wonder when that would ever happen.

No comments: