Sunday, November 8, 2009

Howling at the New Moon.

Listening to: Can't Stop Believing by Tetsu

I still remember late last year when I was 17, it was 2 months before SPM. I saw female juniors walking everywhere in school with either Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse or Breaking Dawn clasped in their hands. And then I heard about Twilight being made into a movie which was going to be released in that year (2008) too. I talked to people (mostly girls) - who read the Twilight Saga - about Twilight. I asked them how good the book is. I received mixed reviews. There were some who said Stephenie Meyer (author of Twilight) didn't stand a chance against J.K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter series). There were also those who said that the Twilight Saga are the best novels in a decade.

I tried it out for myself.

I bought the first book, and much to dismay, the storyline was sappy and boring. How people actually compare this series with Harry Potter, I did not know. Then I watched the movie, which was bad. Robert Pattinson was nothing like what I imagined Edward Cullen to be.

Then I bought the second instalment to the series. Which was wayyyy better than the first. The plot was so much more better, and there was more of Jacob Black and less of Edward Cullenewwww.

Then Jon bought Eclipse and Breaking Dawn for me. Eclipse was just out of this world but Breaking Dawn was disturbing.

Overall, Stephenie Meyer did a great job coming up with such creativity. Her novels can not be compared to J.K. Rowling's novels as her targeted audience are from tweens to young adults whereas Rowling's novels are for those of all ages.

What I liked
about the Twilight Saga is Meyer portraying Isabella Swan as someone who gets confused over who she really loves. Her feelings are swinging back and forth, making us wonder who she would really choose after all. Somehow, us girls tend to put ourselves in her shoes during our course of reading all four novels. Those who are hardcore Edward fans, would of course hope Bella ends up marrying him. Same goes for the Jacob fans.

I am looking forward to watching New Moon. Taylor Lautner weih. More of Taylor and less of Robbie. Something I am looking forward to. I hope it would not end up like Twilight: The Movie though. I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner and his Quilete werewolf pack. I can't wait to see Dakota Fanning as Jane, part of the Volturi. I can't even wait for Eclipse to be released so I can see a vampires and werewolves showdown; and then cooperation. Something really worth watching (if the movie directors are good).

To be honest, if Meyer were to release another Twilight Saga novel, I would buy it. What lays ahead is something worth reading.

She looks like a vampire herself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. I could remember the same thing too! xD Every girl was practically crazy about Twilight (actually it's just me lah :P).

AAAHHHHHHHH! I can't wait for NEW MOON too!